Saturday 25 October 2014

UNACC Tea Dance


This gap year, one of my aims was to get involved in my community. Croydon Voluntary Action (CVA) were offering an opportunity to volunteer as an events photographer. I decided to embrace this challenge to help my community whilst improving upon my photography skills. The CVA needed to publish the photos on their online media such as their website and newsletter to promote their events which are all for good causes. The CVA supports and develops community development within the London Borough of Croydon. If my pictures directly correlated with more people being reached by the CVA, then I feel like I have accomplished something great. 

The Upper Norwood Association for Community Care (UNACC) organised a tea dance event, attracting a large number of our elderly community. It provided a great atmosphere for them to make friends, stay active and have a good time. The atmosphere truly was warming. 


Here is some of the action from the event. 






CVA rents out a variety of its rooms to raise funds. I provided them with pictures of their rooms; it was vital that I created an inviting and spacious atmosphere in these pictures. 


























Left: The Head of Asset Management at CVA
Right: Me :)

I'm looking forward to more events run by Croydon Voluntary Action. 
               


Anparasan


No comments:

Post a Comment